Interested in supports for youth returning to school in the fall? Here’s what you need to know!
Who is it for?
Youth ages 10-17 who:
- Are transitioning into high school
- Are returning to school after distance learning
- Struggled academically because of distance learning
- Are managing diagnosed or suspected ADHD, ASD, and/or Anxiety
- Struggled recently with any of the following:
- Task initiation
- Focus & harnessing attention
- Prioritizing multiple assignments
- Navigating online platforms
- Identifying success criteria
- Time management
If you are interested in a similar program targeting recent high school graduates transitioning into post secondary education or the workforce, please click here.
When is it happening?
- 1-hour sessions running weekly over the course of 8 weeks
- Flexible scheduling and start date
Where is it held?
- The clinic is located at 144 Wilson St E, Ancaster, between Halson & Jerseyville
- Sessions can be held in-person or virtually
- The clinic follows strict Covid safety protocols
What is involved?
Teaching a combination of executive skills and DBT skills, this individualized program is designed to provide youth with the skills to navigate middle and high school so that they can be successful and feel empowered to make effective choices.
Our therapeutic goals are to help students:
- Learn organization strategies
- Learn to balance school with other priorities (work, social life, etc.)
- Develop time management skills
- Learn ways to strengthen focus
- Learn ways to navigate undesirable or non-preferred tasks
- Establish strategies that allow them to cope ahead and avoid stressful situations
- Learn ways to develop motivation
How much does it cost?
- $1200 ($150/session) for 8 sessions
- The course is covered under many benefit plans