Post-Pandemic Support Group For Adults with Registered Psychotherapist
Who is it For?
- Adults 25+
- Anyone feeling stressed out, anxious, exhausted or overwhelmed after a long year of Covid closures
- Maybe you’ve been caring for children, aging parents or family members who have extra needs and are feeling burned out and depleted
- You may find yourself unexpectedly anxious about reopening and the re-entry into ‘normal’ routines and activities after the social isolation and distancing
- You may feel your mental health has suffered generally in the past year and are looking to top up your resilience with some focused, reflective recovery time
When is it happening?
- Monday evenings from 7 – 8.30pm
- 4 weeks from July 26th – August 23rd
Where is it held?
- The clinic is located at 144 Wilson St E, Ancaster, between Halson & Jerseyville
- The clinic follows strict Covid safety protocols
What is involved?
Registered Psychotherapist Louise Oke will lead the group through guided discussion and skills training around coping with anxiety, appropriate expectations and self care, perfectionism, caregiver burnout, and more. Participants will have a chance to swap war stories and reconnect to their social selves in a small, supported setting as we prepare to re-enter a post-pandemic world.
Our therapeutic goals are to:
- Reconnect with other people in a safe, supported setting
- Address our anxieties and come up with coping strategies for specific challenges
- Explore healthy emotional outlets and release valves
- Share and listen to our pandemic battle stories, be affirmed and validated in our struggles
- Increase our compassion for ourselves and others
- Recognise limits, set boundaries and practice effective self-care as we recover
How much does it cost?
- The program cost is $240
- The financial commitment is for the full 4 weeks
- Participants are billed for each session after they are attended
- Course can be covered under many benefit plans (RP)
- A credit card number is required to be kept on file, with paid receipts emailed after each session is attended for submission to your insurance company. Alternatively, an e-transfer for the full cost of the course can be emailed in advance (please talk to us if you require alternate arrangements)