Who is it For?
- Girls (assigned and identified) aged 8-14 who are ready to build their sense of empowerment, maximize their self-esteem/confidence, and improve their overall well-being
When is it happening?
- Tuesday evenings for 8 weeks
- October 18- December 6, 2022
- Ages 8-11 meet from 5.00 – 6.15 pm
- Ages 12-14 meet from 6.45 – 8 pm
Where is it held?
- The clinic is located at 144 Wilson St E, Ancaster, between Halson & Jerseyville
What is involved?
On this 8-week empowering adventure, our facilitators will be guiding the girls through specific topics that include:
- Building confidence
- Exploring personal values and morals
- Improving positive self-image and self-talk
- Setting healthy boundaries and establishing assertiveness
- Improving interpersonal skills to include friend making and keeping, and effective communication
- Dealing with bullying and conflict
Topics will be addressed through meaningful discussions, fun group activities, and self-reflection. Each week we will focus on a specific topic, exploring what it is, how it affects/impacts us, and coping skills and strategies. At the end of each session, we will self-reflect on the main takeaways of the week by creating and adding to our own individual GirlzOwn Guide to Thrive.
How much does it cost?
- The program cost is $600, due in full on registration
- The financial commitment is for the full 8-week group
- This program can be covered under many benefit plans under MSW (talk to us about using your OAP or SSAH funds)
- A credit card number is required to be kept on file and is charged once in full on registration
- Paid receipts are emailed weekly after each session is attended for you to submit to your insurance company
- Alternatively, an e-transfer for the total cost of the course can be emailed in advance (please talk to us if you require alternate arrangements)