Who is it For?
- Girls aged 8-14 who want a positive space for self-expression and support
- Girls who want to learn how to be an awesome friend to themselves and others!
When is it happening?
- Wednesday evenings 5.15-6.30 (ages 8-11) &. 7.00-8.15 (ages 12-14)
- Next course is running for 8 weeks from September 15th to November 3rd
Where is it held?
- The clinic is located at 144 Wilson St E, Ancaster, between Halson & Jerseyville
- The clinic follows strict Covid safety protocols
What is involved?
Our awesome Child Life Specialists Breanne and Heather lead girls on an empowering 8 week adventure! Through disucssion, crafts and group activities, we will be working on self-esteem, self-efficacy and emotional expression techniques, discussing the challenges of life at this age and stage, how to manage friendships as they shift and change. Depending on the dynamic of the group (and the weather!) we may even head outdoors and take our discussion to the backyard or the nearby forest trails.
Our goals are to help girls learn:
- Emotional expression
- Positive self-talk
- Assertive communication
- Boundary setting
- Making (and being) good friends
How much does it cost?
- The program cost is $600, due in full on registration
- The financial commitment is for the full 8 weeks
- Course can be covered under many benefit plans (talk to us about using your OAP or SSAH funds)
- A credit card number is required to be kept on file. and is charged once on registration
- Paid receipts are emailed weekly after each session is attended for you to submit to your insurance company
- Alternatively, an e-transfer for the full cost of the course can be emailed in advance (please talk to us if you require alternate arrangements)