Who is it For?
- Girls (assigned and identified) aged 8-14 who are ready to build their sense of empowerment, maximize their self-esteem/confidence, and improve their overall well-being
When is it happening?
- Thursday evenings from 5:00 – 6:15 pm (ages 8-11) and 6:30 – 7:45 pm (ages 12-14)
- Next course is running for 8 weeks from January 19 – March 9, 2023
Where is it held?
- The clinic is located at 144 Wilson St E, Ancaster, between Halson & Jerseyville
What is involved?
On this 8-week empowering adventure, our facilitators will be guiding the girls through specific topics that include:
- Building confidence
- Exploring personal values and morals
- Improving positive self-image and self-talk
- Setting healthy boundaries and establishing
- Building and maintaining friendships
- Effective communication
- Dealing with bullying and conflict
Topics will be addressed through meaningful discussions, fun group activities, and self-reflection. Each week we will focus on a specific topic, exploring what it is, how it impacts us, and coping skills and strategies. At the end of each session, we will self-reflect on the main takeaways of the week by creating and adding to our own individual GirlzOwn Guide to Thrive.
How much does it cost?
- The program cost is $600, due in full on registration
- The financial commitment is for the full 8 weeks
- The course can be covered under many benefit plans (talk to us about using your OAP or SSAH funds)
- A credit card number is required to be kept on file and is charged once on registration
- Paid receipts are emailed weekly after each session is attended for you to submit to your insurance company
- Alternatively, an e-transfer for the full cost of the course can be emailed in advance (please talk to us if you require alternate arrangements)