- Individual sessions are $150/clinical hour
- Couples & family sessions are $200/75 minute session
- There is no HST on social work covered services
- There is no HST on any services provided to those with an autism diagnosis
- Almost all services can be covered by private benefit plans (MSW, SLP, OT)
Our Intake Process
- Your first step is to make contact by calling 289 678 0581, filling out the Contact Us form or emailing email@example.com to book your 15 minute zoom intake meeting. Before your intake, we will ask you to fill out an Intake Form which we will send you via email. If you are filling the intake form out on behalf of a minor child, please ensure the child is the ‘Primary Contact’ – there will be space to enter guardian details further down the form.
- Attend your complimentary 15 minute intake appointment via zoom or phone with an experienced Case Manager, who will get an overview of your needs and help guide you to a group, service, or therapist that feels like a good fit
- If you and your Case Manager have decided on a group program, we will register you and forward you the details. This often involves an individual assessment/orientation session prior to beginning the group (particularly for younger children).
- If you choose to move ahead with individual appointments, we’ll book you a 50 minute Initial Appointment ($225) so your new therapist can assess as needed, take a detailed background, and help you map out your goals for your sessions together (initial appointment cost includes treatment planning and team collaboration as needed)
- If necessary, we will then schedule a quick phone call with our accounts manager for a financial intake to discuss your benefit structure, identify any funding you may have available, answer your account-related questions, and set up your payment method
- If you are working one-on-one with a therapist, we will then book you a block of 4-8 regular 50 minute sessions ($150/session), at the end of which you and your therapist will review your progress and plan your next steps!
- NowWhat Support Services is a private clinic and is not covered by OHIP, but most of our services are able to be covered by many private extended benefit plans as well as OAP, SSAH and Passport Funds
- We do not offer direct billing to insurance companies at this time
- Ontario Autism funds can be used to access a full range of supports with our highly collaborative and creative therapeutic team
- Family billing benefit policy: sessions can be billed under the name of any attending family member (including parents who are involved in their children’s therapy)
- A credit card number is required to be kept on file. Your card is generally charged within 48hrs of your appointment and a paid receipt is emailed to you for you to submit to your insurance company. Alternatively programs or services can be paid in full upfront via e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact us to talk to our accounts specialist for more information about billing and payment
- If you are an individual, a business or an organisation with an interest in supporting mental health & wellness in the greater Hamilton community, we also have a sponsorship program to help low income families access our programs – contact us to find out more about partnering with us in this way
- Individual appointments require 24 hrs notice for cancellations. Failing 24 hour notice of cancellation, we charge 50% for the first occurrence, and full session fees will be charged for any subsequent late cancellations.
- If you find you need to cancel multiple scheduled appointments in a row, we may suggest that you take a break and return at a time when you are able to prioritize your therapeutic journey, so that the time slot can be used for someone on our waitlist.
- Fixed length group sessions are booked in blocks and every group session is charged regardless of attendance as a place is held for each participant for the full length of the program.
- Our DBT programs generally have one weekly make-up opportunity available at a fixed time for anyone who misses the group session due to illness/emergency
- Virtual appointments – therapists will wait 15 minutes inside the provided link and will attempt to contact you before marking a no-notice cancellation and leaving the session if they have not heard from you
- These policies are in place for both virtual and in person services in order to minimize wait times for others