Learn and practice Executive Function skills through the art of video making!
Who is it for?
- Youth aged 12-15
- Those who enjoy storytelling and working on creative projects
- Those interested in learning how to film and edit videos for social media on their device from start to finish
- Those looking to socialize safely with peers in person
- Those who are managing diagnosed or suspected ADHD, ASD and/or Anxiety
- Those who struggle with:
- Task initiation
- Focus & harnessing attention
- Prioritizing multiple assignments
- Long-term planning
- Identifying success criteria
- Time management
When is it happening?
- August (5 afternoons in one week) – week TBD – taking expressions of interest
- 12.30 – 3pm
Where is it held?
- The clinic is located at 144 Wilson St E, Ancaster, between Halson & Jerseyville
- The clinic follows strict Covid safety protocols
What is involved?
This program aims to teach Executive Skills through a simple video making workshop, ideal for aspiring YouTubers who want to learn how to shoot and edit short videos on their personal devices. It will be a blend of creative expression and real life application of skills, while also allowing participants an opportunity to collaborate with their peers! Each participant will need to bring their own device (phone, ipad or laptop) to work with for this workshop (or talk to us if you need a loaner device to participate), and headphones will be helpful if you have them available.
This program is led by Dan Zaitzow, Ontario Certified Teacher and Executive Function specialist. Dan also has training in DBT methods and will incorporate DBT-informed strategies into the video making process.
Our therapeutic goals are to help people learn:
- Long-term planning
- Breaking large tasks into smaller chunks
- Identifying the end goal and working backwards
- Visualizing and externalizing their planning
- Organizing their tasks and workload
- Awareness of deadlines, improving time management skills
- Focusing on the task at hand
How much does it cost?
- The program is $500 for the week
- The financial commitment is for the full week
- Participants are billed for each session after they are attended
- Course can be covered under many benefit plans (talk to us about using your OAP or SSAH funds)
- A credit card number is required to be kept on file, with paid receipts emailed after each session is attended for submission to your insurance company. Alternatively, an e-transfer for the full cost of the course can be emailed in advance. Please talk to us if you require alternate arrangements.