Tuesdays during the school year from 5-7 pm
Includes a simple supper! Please make us aware of allergies and dietary restrictions
Who is it For?
- High schoolers (14-18) who could use a safe, positive space for self-expression and personal development
- Teens moving toward young adulthood who are looking to build practical real-life skills blended with social navigation, executive function, self-regulation, distress tolerance, and DBT-based coping skills
What is involved?
Therapeutic Coaches Andrea and Hayden as well as special guest stars from our therapeutic team support teens as they build social, emotional, and executive function skills in a safe, environment. Families commit to a six-week rotation at a time, which includes:
- Games night! Active games, social games, board games, team games, maybe even video games …
- Maker Space – various art/craft/building projects and challenges
- Dinner party – planning a meal, shopping with a budget, following recipes, setting a table, prepping and enjoying a meal
- Tech Tuesday – bring your device and engage in some connected challenges complete with online/texting etiquette support
- Community outing – walking down to Timmy’s for hot chocolate, spending time at the library
- Special guest stars – team challenges, one-off D&D nights, musical experiences … different every time!
Our goals are to use our group time to help teens learn about:
- Healthy emotional expression
- Positive self-talk & self-esteem
- Respectful ‘give and take’ communication
- Setting & recognizing boundaries
- Making (and being) good friends
- Anti-bullying behaviors and what it means to be an ally
- Effective self-advocacy that balances your needs with the needs of others
- Life skills around the kitchen, workshop, and home
- Fine and gross motor skills & coordination
Where is it held?
- The clinic is located at 144 Wilson St E, Ancaster, between Halson & Jerseyville
- TeenzOwn takes place in and outdoors, as well as possibly in the surrounding trails and community facilities
What Should I Bring?
- Dress for the weather and be prepared to be outdoors in whatever the weather brings us!
- Please wear sturdy shoes for walking/being outdoors
- Clearly labeled water bottle
- Your phone or device on Tech Tuesdays
- An awesome attitude and a sense of humour!
How much does it cost?
- Payment is due on registration to secure your place for the 6-week group (intake is rolling and continuous through the school year)
- The financial commitment is for six weeks at a time; group spots are billed regardless of attendance
- This program can be covered under many benefit plans under MSW (talk to us about using your OAP or SSAH funds)
- A credit card number is required to be kept on file and is charged once on registration for the full cost of the program
- Paid receipts are then emailed to you weekly after each session is attended for you to submit to your insurance company
- Alternatively, an e-transfer for the total cost of the course can be emailed in advance (please talk to us if you require alternate arrangements or are using external funding to access services)