What is involved?
New format for 2022-23! Social Sunday programs are now planned in six week blocks through the school year. All the groups are designed to provide a supported setting to build and practice social skills, while also working more explicitly on a targeted set of skills or a therapeutic theme. Click on the links below to find out more about each program:
- Fall Growing Together (September 18 – October 23, 2022)
Executive Function skills via the kitchen, garden, small building projects and animal interaction – fall edition
- LitUp! (October 30 – December 4, 2022)
Literacy enrichment program designed to foster a positive relationship with literacy and a love of reading for the real world
- Tackling Transitions (mini workshop, December 11 & 18, 2022)
2 part workshop focusing on managing through transitions with a wintry theme, just in time for the holidays!
- KickstArt (January 8 – February 12, 2023)
Emotional expression through all things artistic and creative with our art therapist
- Superflex Social Thinking (February 19 – April 2, 2023)
Learn how to be a social detective at school and at home, and find your super-flexible inner Superhero
- All About Animals – April 9 – May 14, 2023
Our furry, feathered and scaled friends will help us recognise, understand, label, express and regulate our emotions
- Spring Growing Together – May 21 – June 25, 2023
Executive Function skills via the kitchen, garden, small building projects and animal interaction – spring edition
Who is it for?
- Aimed at kids aged 3 – 10 years (older kids welcome, ask us about Jr leadership opportunities)
- For safety reasons, participants must be independently mobile, able to follow simple verbal instructions and able to be safe within a group setting. Please talk to us if your child may require extra support to participate.
Where & when is it happening?
- 144 Wilson St E Ancaster (between Halson and Jerseyville)
- Sundays from 10am – 1pm
- Includes lunch!
Why would we join?
- You, a teacher or a doctor may have noticed that your child could benefit from focused social skills training in a supported setting
- Your child may be struggling with social anxiety or expected group behaviours
- You may be looking for a positive, empowering space for your child to learn and practice various life skills that isn’t sit-down therapy and includes lots of action and outdoor time
- You might be looking for a way to help your child with perspective-taking and finding their way through non-preferred tasks
- Your household may be juggling some higher needs, and could use a program where you know your kids will be safe and supported for a few hours on a Sunday, while learning some valuable social, emotional and executive function skills!
- Your child may have been working 1:1 with a coach on foundational pro-social skills and they’re ready to put them into practice in a group setting
How much does it cost & how is it billed?
- $600 per 6-week group, due on registration
- Paid receipts are emailed weekly for you to submit to your insurance company
- Lunch is included!
- Course can be covered by most extended benefit plans under MSW
How do I register?
- Give us a call at 289 678 0581 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are brand new to NowWhat, we’ll set up a complimentary 30 minute intake to get to know you
- We will usually then book a 1:1 assessment session for your child with the Children’s Programming team to introduce them to the space and to ensure this program is a good fit for your kiddo/s.
- Feel free to have a chat with front desk to ask questions and work out the best option for your family!
Forms & Waivers
- If you’re new to NowWhat, you’ll need to fill out a general clinic Intake Form and Service Agreement which will be emailed to you after you reach out to front desk
- We will also send out a photo permission form, outdoor program waiver and allergy/dietary restrictions form prior to your child joining us for programming