What is involved?
- 10.30am – 12pm: Social awareness training for kids (Divided into age groups, 3-6yrs & 7-10yrs)
- 12.00pm – 2pm: Supported recreational time for ages 3-10yrs (crafts, outdoor activities, sports, projects, art, music)
- Lunch included with the afternoon session only
- With Social Worker, Registered Early Childhood Educator and Behaviour Coaches
Who is it for?
- Aimed at kids aged 3 – 10 years (older kids welcome, ask us about Jr leadership opportunities)
- For safety reasons, participants must be independently mobile, able to follow simple instructions and able to be safe within a group setting. Please talk to us if your child may require extra support to participate.
Where & when is it happening?
- 144 Wilson St E Ancaster
- Sundays rolling throughout the school year
- Flexible registration – start anytime!
Why would we join?
- You, a teacher or a doctor may have noticed that your child could benefit from focused social skills training in a supported setting
- Your child may be struggling with social anxiety or expected group behaviours as a result of the pandemic restrictions
- You may be looking for a positive, empowering space for your child to learn and practice life skills that isn’t sit-down therapy
- Your children may benefit from a chance to work on positive sibling relationships after a year of ‘together time’
- You might be looking for a way to help your child with perspective-taking and finding their way through non-preferred tasks
- Your household may be juggling some higher needs, and could use a program where you know your kids will be safe and supported for a few hours on a Sunday!
How much does it cost & how is it billed?
- Morning session: 10.30am – 12.00 – $60/session
- Afternoon session: 12.00pm – 2.00pm – $60/session (lunch included)
- Paid receipts are emailed weekly for you to submit to your insurance company
- Lunch is included in afternoon program
- Course can be covered by most extended benefit plans under MSW
How do I register?
- Give us a call at 289 678 0581 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are brand new to NowWhat, we’ll set up a complimentary 15 minute intake to get to know you
- We will usually then book a comprehensive 1:1 assessment session for your child with the Children’s Programming team to ensure this program is a good fit for your kiddo/s.
- Feel free to have a chat with front desk to ask questions and work out the best option for your family!
Forms & Waivers
- If you’re new to NowWhat, you’ll need to fill out a general clinic Intake Form and Service Agreement which will be emailed to you after you reach out to front desk
- We will also send out a photo permission form, outdoor program waiver and allergy/dietary restrictions form prior to your child joining us for programming