What is involved?
New format for 2022-23! Social Sunday programs are planned in themed blocks throughout the school year. All the groups are designed to provide a supported setting to build and practice social skills, while also working more explicitly on a targeted set of skills or a therapeutic theme. Check out our upcoming Sunday programs below!
Spring & Summer Growing Together
We have five spring and summer groups available on Sundays OR Wednesdays:
Sundays from 10 am – 1 pm, including lunch
May 7 – May 28
June 4 – 25
Wednesdays from 4.15 – 6.45pm, including dinner
(trip to farmer’s market included biweekly on Wednesdays)
June 7 – 28
July 5 – 26
August 2 – 23
$120 per week ($480 per 4-week program), includes a meal and special projects – Wednesday groups include a biweekly trip to the Ancaster farmers market
Executive Function skills via the kitchen, garden, small building projects, and animal interaction – spring edition. (*Please ensure you have filled out our allergy waiver and let us know about any dietary restrictions or requirements)
Who is it for?
- Aimed at kids aged 3 – 12 years (older kids welcome, ask us about Jr leadership opportunities)
- For safety reasons, participants must be independently mobile, able to follow simple verbal instructions, and able to be safe within a group setting. Please talk to us if your child may require extra support to participate.
Where is it happening?
- 144 Wilson St E Ancaster (between Halson and Jerseyville) & surrounding community, farmer’s market, trails
Why would we join?
- You, a teacher, or a doctor may have noticed that your child could benefit from focused social skills training in a supported setting to help them make and maintain positive friendships
- Your child may be struggling with social anxiety or expected group behaviour
- You may be looking for a positive, empowering space for your child to learn and practice various life skills that aren’t sit-down therapy and includes lots of action and outdoor time
- You might be looking for a way to help your child with perspective-taking and finding their way through non-preferred tasks
- Your household may be juggling some higher needs, and could use a program where you know your kids will be safe and supported for a few hours on a Sunday while learning some valuable social, emotional, and executive function skills!
- Your child may have been working 1:1 with a coach on foundational pro-social skills and they’re ready to put them into practice in a group setting
How much does it cost & how is it billed?
- Social Sundays are $600 per 6-week block, due on registration
- Growing Together Program is $480 per 4-week slot, due on registration
- Paid receipts are emailed weekly for you to submit to your insurance company
- The program can be covered by most extended benefit plans under MSW. Also eligible to for SSAH and OAP Core funding
How do I register?
- Give us a call at 289 678 0581 or send us an email at email@example.com
- If you are brand new to NowWhat, we’ll set up a complimentary 30-minute intake to get to know you
- We will usually then book a 1:1 assessment session for your child with the Children’s Programming team to introduce them to the space and to ensure this program is a good fit for your kiddo/s.
- Feel free to have a chat with the front desk to ask questions and work out the best option for your family!
Forms & Waivers
- If you’re new to NowWhat, you’ll need to fill out a general clinic Intake Form and Service Agreement which will be emailed to you after you reach out to the front desk
- We will also send out a photo permission form, outdoor program waiver, and allergy/dietary restrictions form prior to your child joining us for any programming.Contact Us to get started!