Social Sunday Program:
May 21 – June 25, 2022
Growing Together – Spring edition! We’ll work in small groups to develop and practice social behaviour in a supported setting, while learning some valuable bonus skills, enjoying lunch together, and having a ton of fun! We’ll get to do some spring planting and plan out our garden for the season.
Kids aged 4-9 & 10-14
Sundays from 10am – 1pm, including lunch*
May 21 – June 25, 2022
(*Please ensure you have filled out our allergy waiver and let us know about any dietary restrictions or requirements)
This six week program targets Executive Function skills. These skills are the ‘air traffic controllers’ of the brain, helping us direct our actions to achieve our goals. We will use outdoor projects (gardening, woodcraft, animal care and interaction) as well as kitchen adventures (planning and preparing meals, eating together, following recipes) to develop skills like:
- Time management eg using visual timers and schedules to move through our tasks
- Breaking down large tasks into smaller chunks
- Following sequenced instructions
- Organizing tools and spaces for work
- Prioritizing tasks
- Regulating emotions and managing through the distress of non-preferred tasks
144 Wilson St E, Ancaster & surrounding trails/parks
What to Bring:
- Dress for the weather! Make sure you’re prepared to be in the great outdoors in the rain, snow or sunshine!
- Feel free to send a spare set of clothes/shoes in a clearly labelled backpack if this is a concern
- Clearly labelled waterbottle
- An awesome attitude!
Financial Commitment & Billing:
- 6 week commitment – $600
- Full program cost is due on registration and will be held on credit in your account
- Each week you will be sent a paid receipt for $100 via email (usually within 24-48hrs of each session) billed under the supervising social worker
- Non-attended sessions may not be covered by your insurer; families are responsible for the cost of the six week program regardless of attendance
- This program is designed and run by social workers and executive function coaches with input from a variety of therapeutic disciplines. It can be covered by many private benefit plans under social work.
- If you have any questions about billing or want help interpreting your benefit plan, please email your questions to our accounts specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please talk to us if you require alternate billing arrangements