Sundays, November 12 – December 3, 2023 (4-week program)
10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Sundays, March 24- April 14, 2024 (4-week program)
10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Who is it for?
Kids aged 4-12 who could benefit from a safe, supported space to practice social and emotional skills through art projects
What is involved?
KickstArt is all about building emotional intelligence for life via artistic expression. We work in small groups to develop and practice social behaviour in a supported setting while learning some valuable skills and having a ton of fun! We’ll explore a range of artistic adventures to inspire and engage our brains and bodies. KickstArt is focused on encouraging ‘process over product’ – resisting perfectionism and instead learning to enjoy the act of being creative, without judging or comparing the product of our creativity.
This program focus on using art to help us become the ‘RULER’ of our emotional lives, using all things artistic to learn how to:
- Express and
- Regulate your emotions
We’ll have an opportunity to try out a variety of both conventional and innovative art forms that can include painting, sculpting, sketching, collage, culinary art (food presentation), art made with seasonal items found in nature, and character creation.
Where is it happening?
144 Wilson St E, Ancaster
What Should I Bring?
- Dress for the weather! Make sure you’re prepared to be in the great outdoors in the rain, snow, or sun!
- Feel free to send a spare set of clothes/shoes in a clearly labeled backpack if this is a concern
- Clearly labelled waterbottle
- Your creative ideas and awesome attitude!
How is it billed?
- The financial commitment is to the full group, $440
- Full program cost is due on registration and will be held on credit in your account
- Each week you will be sent a paid receipt via email (usually within 24-48hrs of each session) billed under the supervising social worker
- Non-attended sessions may not be covered by your insurer; families are responsible for the cost of the program regardless of attendance
- This program can be covered by many private benefit plans under social work. OAP and SSAH funds can also be used
- If you have any questions about billing or would like help interpreting your benefit plan, please email your questions to our accounts specialist at email@example.com
- Please talk to us if you require alternate billing arrangements
How do I register?
- Give us a call at 289 678 0581 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are brand new to NowWhat and have kids under 16, we’ll set up a complimentary intake to ensure this program is a good fit for your kiddo!
- Feel free to call in and have a chat with the front desk to ask questions and work out the best option for your family – we have lots going on around here all year, and building social fluency is a key goal in every one of our children’s programs!