PowerUp is an intensive enrichment program designed to support children as they increase their comfort level with social interactions. We encourage the use of personal management skills throughout the program (self-regulation, self-monitoring) in an organic, fun, and experience-based way. Each session will include music, expressive art-making, fine and gross motor work, literacy, mindfulness, self-monitoring, and social play to encourage clients’ growth and development in these areas.
Our team of contributing therapists includes:
- Social workers
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Language Therapist
- Registered Early Childhood Educator
- Behavior Therapist
- Art Therapist
PowerUp runs on Thursday afternoons for a longer session (3 hours) that mimics the rhythm of a preschool afternoon and includes lunch. We also run a shorter Sunday morning option (1.5 hours) to give busy families a weekend option. We ask for a 6-week minimum commitment in order to plan our staffing structure for each block – this program is carefully curated and staffed according to the needs of the participants.
This program can be covered under many private employer-provided benefit plans under MSW (Social Work), RP (Psychotherapy), or SLP (Speech-Language Pathology). Families with Ontario Autism funding (OAP) or Special Services At Home (SSAH) funding are able to use these funds to access our services also.
Who is it for?
- Kids from approximately 2-5 years old (flexible depending on needs), by invitation or internal referral
- Kids who would benefit from comprehensive, low ratio support (depending on support needs, 2-4 kids per therapist with support staff available)
- Children with diagnosed OR suspected developmental challenges and/or exceptionalities
- Busy families who would like to access a range of therapeutic supports for their child in one place and time, rather than juggle multiple appointments during the week
What is involved?
PowerUp is a comprehensive, individualized program run by experienced therapists, designed to build a wide range of foundational skills through the lens of social development, emotional regulation, and distress tolerance. Programming includes a fun, play-based approach to a range of skills including:
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Speech, language & communication skills
- Pre-literacy and early literacy skills
- Age-&-stage appropriate emotional literacy
- Co-regulation & self-regulation skills
Your children will be building skills via play-based activities including:
- Music & movement
- Art and craft projects
- Outdoor play
- Creative and imaginative play
- Circle time, snack time, and guided transitions
Where & when is it happening?
- 144 Wilson St E, Ancaster
- Thursday afternoons from 12:00 – 3:00 pm
- Sunday mornings from 10:00 – 11:30 am
- Ongoing throughout the school year
How much does it cost & how is it billed?
- Thursday program (3hrs) is $200
- Sunday morning program (1.5hrs) is $100 per session
- PowerUp is booked in blocks of a minimum of six consecutive sessions; program is ongoing throughout the school year
- We require a valid credit card on file; sessions are charged to your card (generally within 48hrs of each appointment) and paid receipts are emailed weekly for you to submit to your insurance company
- PowerUp can be covered by most extended benefit plans under MSW/SLP/RP
- Talk to us if you require alternate financial arrangements
How do I register?
- If you’re ready to go ahead, give us a call at 289 678 0581 or send us an email at email@example.com
Forms & Waivers
- New clients need to fill out a general clinic Intake Form, Service Agreement, and SLP consents which will be emailed to you after you reach out to front desk.
- We will also ask for an allergy waiver, a photo permission form, and an outdoor/off-site waiver (depending on the needs of the children in the group, occasionally we may take a walk off-site to our local park or trails).