We offer PA Day programming for the Hamilton school board. Programs run for half or full days for kids from JK – Gr 6 (talk to us about targeted ‘junior leadership’ opportunities for older children – we always seek to be inclusive!) at our clinic at 144 Wilson St E in Ancaster.
Therapeutic content varies, but is always based around mindfulness, distress tolerance, self-regulation and skilled socialisation. We spend as much time as possible outdoors and in the nearby forest, and our enthusiastic therapeutic team incorporate literacy, numeracy, art, crafts, story and song into a fun-filled, positive day. Please talk to us if your child need may need extra support to participate. Dress for the weather, whatever the time of year – we spend lots of time outside and in our local forest trails!
Programs are supervised by our children’s Social Worker and run by Certified Teachers, RECEs and Behaviour Coaches.
- Full day program runs from 9am-3pm (lunch included with full day program)
- Half days run from 9am-12pm and 12-3pm
- Cost is $100 per half day, covered by many private benefit plans under MSW (social work)
- OAP, SSAH funds can also be used for this program if you have access to these funds
2021-22 PA Day Dates and Themes
- June 3, 2022 – Creative Campers
social skills & executive function training via camping themed activities and challenges
- June 30 & July 1 – “Mini Camp”
school ends on June 29 for HWDSB (SkillBuilders summer camp begins Monday July 4)
Register ahead of time to ensure your spot – spaces are limited!