Intakes are open for our therapeutic preschool & kindergarten for the 2021-22 school year, catering to children who will thrive in a supported alternative model. Please Contact Us for more info!
What is involved?
Kinderschool is a therapeutic preschool and kindergarten program for kids aged 3-6yrs. All children are welcome, and we specialize in teaching little ones with neuro-diversities such as ADHD and ASD (no diagnosis necessary). We believe every child has plenty to contribute as well as to learn in this creative and flexible environment, where joy and curiosity lead the way!
Little brains and bodies at this age need to move, to explore the world around them, and to develop social skills through:
- play-based learning
- social communication
- self-regulation skills
- rich, hands-on sensory & kinetic experiences
- daily forest time and nature immersion
Our Speech Language Pathologist, Social Workers, RECEs, Child Life Specialist, Certified Teachers and Behaviour Coaches all contribute to programming, and consult on individual needs to ensure each child is thriving. Arts, crafts, music, drama and stories feature in our daily activities. As well as getting our hands dirty and having fun, we practice managing transitions and tolerating non-preferred activities and sensory experiences. Qualified, enthusiastic therapeutic educators weave foundational pre-literacy & early numeracy skills seamlessly into our creative and innovative model.
Families can opt to attend up to 5 mornings/week (9am-12pm) or 5 full days/week (9am-3pm, JK & SK only) – talk to us about more flexible part time options if required. A nutritious snack and lunch is included in the program for half and full day kids, and a quiet rest period will be provided directly after lunch for full day kids who need a break.
If your child has difficulty in small group situations and may require 1:1 support, give us a call to see how we can best support you.
Who is it for?
- Any toddler or pre-schooler who would benefit from a holistic, supported preschool environment
- Parents with typically developing children who looking for enrichment experiences
- Parents who are concerned that their little one has missed ‘normal’ opportunities for preschool development due to the pandemic restrictions
- Little ones who may require additional support for any reason
- For safety reasons, participants must be independently mobile, able to follow simple instructions and able to be safe within a group setting. Please talk to us if your child may require extra support to participate.
Where & when is it happening?
- 144 Wilson St E Ancaster
- Monday to Friday
- Full day option available for JK & SK kids, from 9am – 3pm
How much does it cost & how is it billed?
- Preschool program cost is $100 per half-day session
- Credit card is required on file, with paid receipts emailed weekly for you to submit to your insurance company
- Course can be covered by most extended benefit plans, we have MSW, SLP, OT involved in programming
- OAP and SSAH funds may also be used if you have these available to you
How do I register?
- Give us a call at 289 678 0581 or send us an email at email@example.com
- We’ll set up a complimentary intake to ensure this program is a good fit for your kiddo/s and discuss your individual scheduling needs
Who is Involved?
Certified Teacher Lisa Marie Jean, who comes to us with more than 25 years of varied teaching experience, leads the program in collaboration with Shannon Osunde (Program Coordinator and RECE), Asia Laviolette (Consulting SLP), Emma Greenberg (Consulting OT) & Helen Brook (supervising Social Worker). Your child will benefit from a rich, cohesive experience with integrated support from each of these team members in collaboration with Case Managers who will ensure your little one is set up for success.
Forms & Waivers
- If you’re new to NowWhat, you’ll need to fill out a general clinic Intake Form and Service Agreement which will be emailed to you afer you reach out to front desk
- Prior to beginning this program, you’ll need to fill out the Outdoor Program Participation & Photo Waiver (once only)
- Before EACH SESSION, you’ll need to submit a clear Covid Screening Form (also found on the home page of our website)