Who is it For?
- Boys (assigned and identified) aged 8-14 who could use a safe, positive space for self-expression and personal development
- Everyone! Participants will benefit from some strategies to boost self-esteem, improve their emotional literacy, develop positive friendships, and think about their personal values. Basically, this group is designed to help boys identify the kind of human they want to be in the world, and understand which behaviors will help them get there
When is it happening?
- Monday evenings for 8 weeks
- October 17 – December 12, 2022 (excluding Monday, October 31)
- Ages 8-11 meet from 5.00 – 6.15 pm
- Ages 12-14 meet from 6.45 – 8 pm
Where is it held?
- The clinic is located at 144 Wilson St E, Ancaster, between Halson & Jerseyville
What is involved?
Coaches Ron and Hayden lead kids on an empowering 8-week journey of personal development. Through discussion, projects, and group activities, we will be working on self-esteem, self-efficacy, and emotional expression techniques. We’ll discuss the challenges of life as a guy at this age and stage, including how to manage friendships and relationships with parents, siblings, and authority figures. We’ll touch on setting and respecting boundaries, personal responsibility, accountability, and consent, all elements that help young guys grow into healthy, positive men. Depending on the dynamic of the group (and the weather!) we may even head outdoors and take our discussion to the backyard or the nearby forest trails.
Our goals are to help kids learn about:
- Healthy emotional expression
- Positive self-talk & self-esteem
- Respectful communication
- Setting & respecting boundaries
- Making (and being) good friends
- Anti-bullying behaviors and what it means to be an ally
- Effective self-advocacy
How much does it cost?
- The program cost is $600, due in full on registration
- The financial commitment is for the full 8 weeks
- This program can be covered under many benefit plans under MSW (talk to us about using your OAP or SSAH funds)
- A credit card number is required to be kept on file and is charged once on registration for the full cost of the program
- Paid receipts are then emailed to you weekly after each session is attended for you to submit to your insurance company
- Alternatively, an e-transfer for the total cost of the course can be emailed in advance (please talk to us if you require alternate arrangements)