Who is it For?
- Boys (assigned and identified) aged 8-14 who could use a safe, positive space for self-expression and personal development
- Boys who would benefit from some strategies to boost self-esteem, improve their emotional literacy and develop positive friendships
When is it happening?
- Currently building a waitlist for the next 8 week course for two age groups (ages 8-11 & ages 12-14) – please register your interest!
Where is it held?
- The clinic is located at 144 Wilson St E, Ancaster, between Halson & Jerseyville
- The clinic follows strict Covid safety protocols
What is involved?
Behaviour coach Nigel Applewhaite & his team lead kids on an empowering 8-week journey of personal development. Through discussion, projects and group activities, we will be working on self-esteem, self-efficacy and emotional expression techniques. We’ll discuss the challenges of life as a guy at this age and stage, including how to manage friendships and relationships with parents, siblings and authority figures. We’ll touch on setting and respecting boundaries, personal responsibility, body image and consent, ally-ship and owning your choices – all the elements that help boys grow into healthy, positive young men. Depending on the dynamic of the group (and the weather!) we may even head outdoors and take our discussion to the backyard or the nearby forest trails.
Our goals are to help kids learn:
- Emotional expression
- Positive self-talk & self-esteem
- Body image, stereotypes, and consent
- Respectful communication
- Setting & respecting boundaries
- Making (and being) good friends
- What it means to be an ally
- How to own your power responsibly
How much does it cost?
- The program cost is $600, due in full on registration
- The financial commitment is for the full 8 weeks
- Course can be covered under many benefit plans (talk to us about using your OAP or SSAH funds)
- A credit card number is required to be kept on file. and is charged once on registration
- Paid receipts are emailed weekly after each session is attended for you to submit to your insurance company
- Alternatively, an e-transfer for the full cost of the course can be emailed in advance (please talk to us if you require alternate arrangements)