Interested in a program that helps develop Social Skills through table-top role-playing games? Here’s what you need to know:
Who is it for?
Youth aged 13-18 who:
- Are managing diagnosed or suspected ADHD, ASD, and/or Anxiety
- Struggle in social situations
- Need guidance on how to navigate conflict
- Need support in vocalizing and verbalizing ideas
- Interested in learning to play Dungeons and Dragons
- Are looking to make social connections in a safe and supported environment
When is it happening?
- 2-hour game sessions weekly – waitlist is being built for this program, please register your interest
- Program will commence when a core group is registered
Where is it held?
- Sessions will be held at NowWhat Support Services, located at 144 Wilson St E, Ancaster, between Halson & Jerseyville
- Strict Covid protocols are followed, including masking and distancing for every session
What are the therapeutic goals?
Through role-playing and imaginative play, participants will practice and learn to:
- Navigate conflict
- Vocalize their opinions in a constructive way
- Allow space for others to communicate
- Explore communication tactics through role-playing (as they are encouraged to think through the lens of their character rather than themselves)
- Actively and mindfully listen
- Communicate effectively and compassionately with peers
- Collaborate and work as a team, explore group dynamics
How much does it cost?
- The 12-week program costs $480 ($40/session)
- The financial commitment is for the full 12 weeks
- Participants are billed for each session, whether or not they attend
- A credit card number is required to be kept on file, with paid receipts emailed after each session is attended for submission to your insurance company. Alternatively, an e-transfer for the full cost of the 12-week program can be emailed in advance. Please talk to us if you require alternate arrangements