What is involved?
This group centres around a 10 week Dungeons and Dragons (tabletop role playing game) campaign – beginners and seasoned players welcome! D&D is a classic role playing game with a huge global following and can be a great life-long avenue for some kids to ‘find their people’. All supplies provided, no experience necessary. Certified Teacher and Executive Function specialist Dan Zaitzow will guide participants through the game as they develop and practice of a range of social problem solving skills including:
- Regulating emotions as gameplay rolls out
- Managing through distress and conflict when decisions are made within the game that aren’t popular
- Perspective-taking through imaginary characters and theoretical situations as well as in real life with the other players
- Communicating clearly with others to discuss strategy, negotiate, compromise and set boundaries
- Flexible thinking, adapting to a constantly changing situation, transitioning
- Building relationships
Who is it for?
- Two groups – one for teens 13+& one for kids aged 10-12.
- This group would suit kids who would benefit from learning a new hobby in a small, supported social setting
- Youth and teens who are looking to expand their social group & meet new peers
- Kids who would benefit from opportunities to practice their ‘social fluency’
Where & when is it happening?
- 144 Wilson St E, Ancaster
- Our Dungeon Master is currently off on parental leave! Register your interest to be notified about our our next group on their return.
How much does it cost & how is it billed?
- Intro rate of $40 per session with a commitment to the full 10 weeks, spaces are limited
- Credit card is required on file at registration, and is charged weekly/per session
- Paid receipts are emailed weekly for you to submit to your insurance company
- Course can be covered by most extended benefit plans under MSW (please specify)
How do I register?
- Give us a call at 289 678 0581 or send us an email at email@example.com
- If you are brand new to NowWhat, we’ll set up a complimentary intake to ensure this program is a good fit for your youth or teen
- Feel free to have a chat with front desk to ask questions and work out the best option for your family – we have lots going on around here!
Forms & Waivers
- If you’re new to NowWhat, you’ll need to fill out a general clinic Intake Form and Service Agreement which will be emailed to you after you reach out to front desk