2022 Circus Camp (SLP/OT Intensive Workshop)
Calling active kids 7+! Run away to the circus at NowWhat in Ancaster this summer! 4-day collaborative therapeutic workshop from Aug 2nd-5th, from 1-4pm.
Led by certified rigger, trained aerialist and Speech Language Pathologist Asia Laviolette along with our Occupational Therapy & Social Work team. We’ll work on a powerhouse combination of SLP, OT and social skills (speech, communication, social problem solving, fine and gross motor skills, balance, working memory and motor planning) all through fun, circus-themed activities: Low, safe aerial silks under the close supervision of our circus pro, juggling, stilts, hoops, obstacle courses, circus themed crafts and more!
Largely outdoors, numbers capped for low ratios and optimal group experience. Call to register – 289 678 0581.
2022 SkillBuilders Summer Camp Dates
Summer Camp 2022: Begins Thursday June 30th 2022, runs all summer long!
Our SkillBuilders Camp for kids aged 3+ provides a full range of quality supports and guided skills practice, delivered by our creative, multi-disciplinary team, all cleverly disguised as FUN! The day is spent almost entirely outside in the fresh air and sunshine in our Ancaster back garden and on the local forest trails. Staff and kids dress for the weather, enjoy seasonal activities, and are immersed in nature for a large part of each day. Lunch and snacks are included.
Everything we do, from eating together, to transitioning between activities, to tidying up, is done with a focus on building emotional regulation, social fluency, mindfulness and distress tolerance skills.
The morning session runs from 9am-12pm, and the afternoon session runs from 12pm-3pm. A morning and afternoon snack is provided, and lunch is also included in the full day program. Camp booking is flexible for existing clients! You may enrol for anywhere between one half day, to the full week of camp, and you may choose your preferred weeks and days to suit your family’s summer schedule.
We recommend booking your preferred dates in advance as spaces are limited.
Pricing is $100 per half day session ($200 per full day)
Our team of therapists include:
- Ontario Certified Teachers
- Social Workers
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Language Therapist
- Music Therapist
- Registered Early Childhood Educators
- Executive Function Specialists
- Behaviour Coaches
- Child & Youth Worker
- Child Life Specialist
Programming will include:
- Social skills theory and practice
- Sensory & Motor Skills development with our OT
- Language and Communication practice with our SLP
- Literacy and Numeracy based activities
- Arts, crafts and creative pursuits
- Music and Movement, including music therapy
- Stress Management Strategies
- Mindful Forest & Stream Exploration
- Gardening & Nature Immersion
- Caring for and cuddling with the NowWhat guinea pigs & bunnies, with occasional guest therapy pets!
This program will help your children:
- Build and maintain positive relationships
- Develop resilience & flexibility
- Cope with stress & change
- Manage anxiety & fears around re-entry into the world after Covid
- Learn about our brain-body connections
- Work on fine/gross motor skills (handwriting, beading, obstacle courses etc)
- Keep their brains engaged, curious and learning
- Regulate big emotions
- Take another perspective
- Interact with their peers in a safe, supported environment
Contact us to register for the next school break camp today and help your child build skills for life!
2022-23 SkillBuilders Future Camp Dates
- Winter Break 2022-23: December 26 – January 6, 2023
- March Break 2023: Stay tuned!